One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make a new beginning.‘could you face going back to school and starting over?’
- ‘Their house obliterated by fire, the Inglehart family of Glenwood Springs now struggles with the stresses of loss and starting over.’
- ‘A failed referendum means the arduous process starts over.’
- ‘This produced such an uproar that the initial selection process had to be scrapped and started over from the beginning.’
- ‘Other Katrina evacuees have travelled hundreds of miles in search of a new life, But Hardy Jackson is starting over right here in Atlanta.’
- ‘We understand that desire, but, well, he knows and we know, starting over isn't an option, we've got to see it to the end.’
- ‘Imagine reading 20 pages of a book and then starting over at the beginning.’
- ‘I'm not sure that you will get much support for replacing our system and starting over, but it could definitely use some adjustments.’
- ‘This is a grand step forward for us, it's almost like we are starting over.’
- ‘After two and half years, and just before the big trial, they were pulling the lead attorney from the case and starting over with someone new.’
- ‘Reinstalling the operating system is a fate worse than a root canal… it basically means wiping the hard drive clean and starting over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.