One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Larry Gelbart's freewheeling Sly Fox seems starless without George C. Scott, but Barbara Cook's concert provides all the charisma one needs.’
- ‘The soil was pitch black and the moon was a crimson red against a starless, dark blue night sky.’
- ‘The sky was still dark and starless, covered in cloud.’
- ‘That, as much as anything, explains why the movie is essentially starless, with its cast drawn mostly from television or from film supporting roles.’
- ‘In the dark, starless air, every sound seems muffled: the falling rain, the stirring of the waking crew, the whisper of the surf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.