One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
completely, totally, utterly, absolutely, downright, dead, entirely, wholly, fully, quite, altogether, simply, thoroughly, trulyView synonyms
- ‘The world of advertising has gone stark staring mad.’
- ‘I swear if I had to stay home every day that I would go stark raving mad.’
- ‘Sometimes I look at something, and suddenly I'm more convinced than ever that the world has gone absolutely stark raving mad.’
- ‘The government appears to have gone stark raving mad.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Lawrence O'Donnell - in the true spirit of Kerry supporters everywhere - has gone stark raving mad.’
- ‘They drove the Dutch stark staring mad over tulips.’
- ‘‘The fertility drugs made me feel as if I were stark raving mad,’ Christine remembers.’
- ‘If you lived next to some of these sites you would go stark staring mad.’
- ‘Assuming, if you will, that I'm not stark raving mad, there clearly has been some sort of change in the way these sorts of comics are written and drawn.’
- ‘If I don't see Julia soon, I'll go stark staring mad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.