One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And there's at least one goofy-great moment, as Sagnier coaxes Rampling to starchily bop around to a thumping techno song with the refrain of ‘Let's do it!’’
- ‘In May, the FISA court starchily rejected the Justice Department's proposed new guidelines.’
- ‘Still, the way the insolent and foul-mouthed Tora and the starchily patronizing Selma go from hostility to sisterhood is not without interest.’
- ‘The inspector starchily assures him that his comments will be passed on.’
- ‘The dullest piece here is a starchily respectful profile of Krishna Menon, the high commissioner in London for the Dominion of India.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.