One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And there's at least one goofy-great moment, as Sagnier coaxes Rampling to starchily bop around to a thumping techno song with the refrain of ‘Let's do it!’’
- ‘In May, the FISA court starchily rejected the Justice Department's proposed new guidelines.’
- ‘Still, the way the insolent and foul-mouthed Tora and the starchily patronizing Selma go from hostility to sisterhood is not without interest.’
- ‘The dullest piece here is a starchily respectful profile of Krishna Menon, the high commissioner in London for the Dominion of India.’
- ‘The inspector starchily assures him that his comments will be passed on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.