An edible purple fruit with a star-shaped cross section.
- ‘Higher up there's dense green vegetation: tough para grass, mountain cactus, wild star apple, clusters of tree ferns and Christmas ferns.’
- ‘When we moved into our new house, there was a star apple tree out in front.’
- ‘In April 2002 a party of nine chimpanzees was feeding in a tall Chrysophyllum gorungosanum tree (a species of star apple).’
- ‘Although not as prevalent, other whitefly types include the bandedwing whitefly; the spiraling whitefly which attacks star apple and ornamental banana; and the citrus whitefly which occurs on citrus and gardenia.’
- ‘An example is matrimony, which is a mixture of orange sections, star apples, or guavas in coconut cream with guava cheese melted over it.’