One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horse of a breed able to attain a specified speed, developed especially for trotting.
- ‘She breeds her own Standardbreds.’
- ‘Permanent identifying marks on Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds, however, are believed to be a deterrent to horse thieves.’
- ‘Last year, we placed 275 retired Thoroughbreds and Standardbreds into carefully screened and monitored homes in 28 states.’
- ‘The purpose of racing Thoroughbreds, Standardbreds, and greyhounds is to promote individual excellence.’
- ‘In addition to Thoroughbreds, breeding rights to Standardbreds, Quarter Horses, and American Saddlebreds will be on offer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.