One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of the statistical accuracy of an estimate, equal to the standard deviation of the theoretical distribution of a large population of such estimates.
- ‘For the statistical analysis, means, standard deviations, and standard errors were computed.’
- ‘The graph shows the averages and standard errors of the relative translation levels in three independent experiments.’
- ‘We were unable to derive a method to provide standard errors for these estimates.’
- ‘Ten simulations were run to obtain standard errors of estimates.’
- ‘The standard errors of the model estimates were adjusted for the clustering of patients within hospitals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.