A measure of the statistical accuracy of an estimate, equal to the standard deviation of the theoretical distribution of a large population of such estimates.
- ‘Ten simulations were run to obtain standard errors of estimates.’
- ‘The standard errors of the model estimates were adjusted for the clustering of patients within hospitals.’
- ‘For the statistical analysis, means, standard deviations, and standard errors were computed.’
- ‘The graph shows the averages and standard errors of the relative translation levels in three independent experiments.’
- ‘We were unable to derive a method to provide standard errors for these estimates.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.