One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quantity calculated to indicate the extent of deviation for a group as a whole.
- ‘All costs are reported as mean values with standard deviations.’
- ‘Average values and standard deviations were then calculated for each of the compounds in the experiment.’
- ‘Mean values and standard deviations were calculated for all variables.’
- ‘Each value is the mean standard deviation of at least four independent measurements.’
- ‘If no standard deviations were reported then we used the average standard deviation for all the remaining studies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.