One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supporter of the Soviet statesman Stalin or his ideology and policies.‘the role of the Stalinists during the Spanish Civil War’
- ‘They are Stalinists who would censor the arts to suit their own political ends.’
- ‘A columnist in the Post accused the marchers of having been duped by a remnant group of Stalinists.’
- ‘On the front page he was referred to as a Stalinist.’
- ‘No, no, of course I'm not a Stalinist.’
- ‘Reading his own apologia affirms a depth of understanding which Feinstein is inclined to ignore, dismissing him as a Stalinist.’
Relating to the Soviet statesman Joseph Stalin or his ideology and policies.‘the Stalinist regime’
- ‘In Orwell's view, it was the Stalinist Left that had betrayed the common people, not democratic socialists like himself.’
- ‘An idealist, he could not stomach the new Stalinist dictates of socialist realism.’
- ‘It is a dazzlingly detailed, frank retelling of the Stalinist period.’
- ‘His memoir appeared in Polish in 1946, only to be choked off by Stalinist censors.’
- ‘The old opposition has been replaced by a civil war between Stalinist totalitarianism and democratic socialism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.