One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One local hero was Aleksei Stakhanov, the Torez miner who became an icon of socialist-realist propaganda in the 1930s and lives on in the concept of production speed-ups known as Stakhanovism.’
- ‘Nevertheless, Stakhanovism emerged as a movement based on the virtues of working really hard for really long hours, in exchange for the satisfaction of doing so.’
- ‘The authors’ analysis suggests that Stakhanovism had no overall impact on economic development, for good or ill.’
- ‘The real appeal of Stakhanovism was clearly a material one, for exceptionally high wages and special privileges rewarded workers who exceeded the established production norms.’
- ‘Being driven by Stakhanovism - an economics psychology and morale of work motivation - Russia drew closer and closer to Stalin's aspirations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.