One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One local hero was Aleksei Stakhanov, the Torez miner who became an icon of socialist-realist propaganda in the 1930s and lives on in the concept of production speed-ups known as Stakhanovism.’
- ‘Being driven by Stakhanovism - an economics psychology and morale of work motivation - Russia drew closer and closer to Stalin's aspirations.’
- ‘Nevertheless, Stakhanovism emerged as a movement based on the virtues of working really hard for really long hours, in exchange for the satisfaction of doing so.’
- ‘The real appeal of Stakhanovism was clearly a material one, for exceptionally high wages and special privileges rewarded workers who exceeded the established production norms.’
- ‘The authors’ analysis suggests that Stakhanovism had no overall impact on economic development, for good or ill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.