Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A body for a truck having a flat open platform with removable posts along the sides.
- ‘Reading Body Works is a high volume custom body manufacturer offering a full range of service bodies, stake bodies, and utility bodies in both steel and aluminum.’
- ‘The truck bed section has flatbeds, dumping flatbeds, stake bodies, dumper inserts, and more!’
- ‘Built tough for hard-working professionals, the stake body has the strength and durability to handle whatever conditions your job site or delivery route can dish out.’
- ‘At Busey Truck Equipment, we provide expert installation of liftgates for pickups, flatbeds, service & utility bodies, stake bodies, and more.’
- ‘We put more emphasis on our stake bodies, making such improvements as spring-loaded rack connectors and rack hold-downs, and we spruced up our platforms with recessed lights and I.D. lights built into the outrail.’
- ‘All-steel contractor bodies utilize the same platform and understructure as the heavy duty stake bodies.’
- ‘Of the 580 truck bodies, 468 were dump bodies and 112 were stake bodies.’
- ‘Guys, I have a 10’ x 6’ stake body and I'm looking for a couple of sources to buy a dump kit from.’
- ‘Our new stake body is designed for maximum performance and versatility.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.