One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even the polluted atmosphere of the staidly streets seemed fleetingly fresh compared to the hazy, lamentable bitterness of the mall.’
- ‘In Raisin, her hair is staidly slicked down; at Zankel, it corkscrewed out in all directions, even as her renditions of fifteen songs let loose multidimensional sparks.’
- ‘Gianfilippo Corticelli displays occasional elegance with the camera, although a few shots are staidly composed.’
- ‘The Constitution is fascinating precisely because it is so staidly civilized: because it is not a product of, nor has it presided over fire, pestilence and revolution.’
- ‘If I had staidly accepted one of those two guys, I would have forfeited the opportunity of being among those lucky ones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.