One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unfortunately, many people sit stagnantly waiting for situations to magically transform.’
- ‘Thankfully, the rain had stopped but puddles of water were still standing stagnantly before the cafe's door.’
- ‘I look pregnant but am merely filled with fluids that no longer pass into the liver, but rather collect stagnantly in the abdominal tissues.’
- ‘Items which once sat stagnantly on the shelf come to life under the rich light of a cabinet lamp.’
- ‘He looked around at all the open windows that failed to stifle it, the bowls of Pot-Pori that sat stagnantly decomposing on side tables too small and cluttered with leaflets to serve any purpose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.