One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most of Chaplin's features have a staginess that seems at least half-deliberate.’
- ‘A courtroom drama at heart, Taking Sides manages to overcome its theatrical staginess to provide some beautiful music and images.’
- ‘While this production occasionally succumbs to staginess, often it plays to the text's strengths by using slight movements offset by moments of deliberate exaggeration.’
- ‘The sheer staginess of the event overshadows the intended menace.’
- ‘Virtually the entire film is shot on sets; the film-makers revel in a staginess that's nonetheless cinematic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.