One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to command the attention of a theater audience by the impressiveness of one's manner or appearance.
- ‘It is almost impossible to look beyond her commanding stage presence - even in the rare moments when her character is not holding court.’
- ‘The competition will give each contestant the chance to shine in front of the judges, who will be looking for an act with style and stage presence as well as talent.’
- ‘They have that all-important stage presence and the talent to back it up.’
- ‘Her vivacious stage presence fits both the era and the play perfectly.’
- ‘But his singing is matched by neither stage presence nor acting ability.’
- ‘Gray will captivate audiences with her engaging stage presence and communicative facial expressions.’
- ‘Modak honed his stage presence after years of opening for comedians.’
- ‘It was my first time seeing Kevin Devine, and i was very impressed by his stage presence.’
- ‘Her diction, delivery and interpretation of the role allied to her stage presence was a highlight of the show.’
- ‘Her energy and stage presence were simply astounding in this performance.’
- ‘As well as giving students tips on voice projection, the courses also teach the importance of positive body language and stage presence.’
- ‘What's always marked him as a stand-up is his extraordinary stage presence.’
- ‘His stage presence and his command of the text bode well for an acting career should he choose to pursue that direction.’
- ‘Her charismatic stage presence and her poignant lyricism captivate audiences everywhere.’
- ‘His stage presence, too, did not have the assurance of the other principals.’
- ‘The competitors will be judged on vocal talent, appearance, originality of performance and stage presence.’
- ‘He also became famous for his theatrical stage presence, dressing in outrageous costumes.’
- ‘The crowd responded with applause suitably thunderous for a woman with such commanding stage presence.’
- ‘His exceptional technique, unique talent and striking stage presence render a new sound to classical music.’
- ‘His stage presence was virtually non-existent, he suffered badly from nerves and tended to underplay his material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.