One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a passionate desire to become an actor.
- ‘In addition stage-struck volunteers will work in many other areas of the production, such as stage management, prop making, building and painting the set, or in the more technical areas of sound and lighting.’
- ‘But it is the minor characters who come off best: especially Paul Rider as the wild-eyed surgeon and John Guerrasio as the stage-struck cop.’
- ‘But 42nd Street, which won the Tony for best musical revival, is less interested in personalities and plot twists than in the condition of being stage-struck.’
- ‘A stage-struck Cross Hills girl helped take elderly people back to the ‘good old days’ in a professional production.’
- ‘Theatre was much funnier in those days and (like the equally stage-struck Dickens) Bainbridge the novelist can't resist the essential absurdity of people pretending not to be themselves eight times a week.’
- ‘Chris Blackie is spot-on as one of the stage-struck gangsters, and Neil Whittaker good in a cameo role.’
- ‘Her comedy, one of the most-produced new plays in North America, has a stage-struck bumpkin named Will Shakespeare claiming credit for the scribblings of noblemen.’
- ‘He left school at 10 to work in his father's solicitor's practice, but, stage-struck from youth, became an actor, and was noticed by H. Irving who later produced some of his plays.’
- ‘Obviously, at some point in his life Shakespeare fell in love with the language, the acting, the exhilaration of the theater; in a phrase, he became stage-struck.’
- ‘She is flat-out awesome as murderess and stage-struck wannabe, Roxie Hart.’
- ‘Born in Omaha, Nebraska, Brando was the son of a prosperous businessman and a sensitive, stage-struck mother, who was an amateur actress.’
- ‘By the time he graduated from high school he'd met the equally stage-struck Jeff Perry and Terry Kinney and together they formed Steppenwolf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.