One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See squintoften in combination ‘squinty-eyed’
- ‘Elam's portrayals of sinister thugs, gangsters and gunslingers were aided immeasurably by his squinty, wandering left eye.’
- ‘We sat outside for a few minutes, facing into the sun with squinty eyes, and then a chill wind blew in, covered the entire sky, and chucked a squall of rain our way.’
- ‘Stoic and economical in his movements, expressing emotional pain through tight-lipped grimaces and squinty eyes, Mortenson is the perfect cowboy hero.’
- ‘And even as I am relating this story I know you are looking upon me with great anger in your squinty, beady eyes.’
- ‘He had a round face covered in stubble, thick eyebrows, small, dark, squinty eyes, full round lips and very short receding dark hair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.