1(of a person) having a squint.
- ‘I then added the coup de grace, the signature of that loveable, squint-eyed jack-tar, Popeye.’
- ‘With squint-eyed innocence and un-metered awkwardness, Stewart delivers an unexpected hit performance that would later land him additional appearances in commercials and voice-over roles.’
- ‘I marched up to the porch, where a squint-eyed man asked, from around the cigar he was roughly smoking, if there was something he could help me with.’
- ‘That bony, squint-eyed, curly-haired little sneak, attractive?’
- ‘Four marines emerged on deck with a swarthy looking, squint-eyed pirate, his arms and legs in irons.’
2archaic Spiteful.malicious, mean, nasty, cruel, unkind, unfriendly, snide, hurtful, wounding, barbed, cutting, hateful, ill-natured, bitter, venomous, poisonous, acid, hostile, rancorous, malevolent, evil-intentioned, baleful, vindictive, vengeful, vitriolic, vicious, splenetic, malign, malignant, biliousView synonyms