One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Watch for the blinking squiggly line and press a button when you see it.’
- ‘Although I had not intended to mention a slight problem with my right hand, the tone of his question made me tell him that I had some stiffness that was making my writing a bit squiggly.’
- ‘I was always fascinated with the written word, even before I could read, and I must have recognised that there was something inherently magical about squiggly symbols organised in lines and packed together like corduroy.’
- ‘I snapped, irritated, and bent over this journal again, watching my hand shake as I scribbled a long squiggly line across the lined pages.’
- ‘The bündnerfleisch was well-paired with the cheese, which was shaved off the wheel into little squiggly slices somewhat resembling pencil shavings, of all things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.