One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ellie said: ‘We have picnics in the summer and muddy squelchy worm hunts in the winter.’’
- ‘And when you walked on the bathroom floor it was soaked through and squelchy with pee.’
- ‘Picture this: it's a bright and sunny day, you're walking along, you feel good, you take in deep breaths of fresh air, you admire the sky's cloud formations, you suddenly feel a soft squelchy sensation underfoot…’
- ‘One of the first places I remember stopping off for breakfast was at a waffle house in Biloxi, a squelchy, sweltering part of Mississippi, where the ocean is black and red and yellow and warm as bathwater.’
- ‘Referee Hugh Dallas was ‘90 per cent sure’ he would have to call off the encounter when a mid-afternoon downpour that lasted an hour left the pitch looking squelchy come four o'clock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.