One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Clearly the squeezers were designed for wiry Dales folk, some are decidedly fat-ist.’
- ‘They arrived garnished with a slice of lemon in a squeezer: tasty, tender and not too heavy, the lemon juice adding a wonderful freshness and zest.’
- ‘Return by paved way to fingerpost, squeezer, path by river then across field to first barn you come to, and right, path through riverside fields (two squeezers, gates, gateways).’
- ‘The lunar-like landscape of Mt. Batok to the left has symmetrical furrows resembling a gigantic orange squeezer.’
- ‘It's a little spot of England where Channel 4, the Guardian, Alessi orange squeezers, ciabatta and the Booker short list don't exist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.