One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sitting squatly in the beachfront park, the Big Penguin is rumoured to be the largest penguin in the world.’
- ‘He rose from the chair and crossed the room to a shadowed corner where a large safe sat squatly.’
- ‘Its vast campus stood squatly in the centre of the Grendenburg district.’
- ‘But there, on the green strip, a seagull stood squatly.’
- ‘I had missed noticing the two-story circular observation platform when I alighted from the ropeway, but there it was, squatly topping the height of the mountain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.