One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But there, on the green strip, a seagull stood squatly.’
- ‘I had missed noticing the two-story circular observation platform when I alighted from the ropeway, but there it was, squatly topping the height of the mountain.’
- ‘He rose from the chair and crossed the room to a shadowed corner where a large safe sat squatly.’
- ‘Sitting squatly in the beachfront park, the Big Penguin is rumoured to be the largest penguin in the world.’
- ‘Its vast campus stood squatly in the centre of the Grendenburg district.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.