One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exercise in which the legs are thrust backward to their full extent from a squatting position with the hands on the floor.
- ‘Warm up by doing jumping jacks or squat thrusts or jumping rope, or any type of calisthenic exercise, until you begin to feel ‘warm.’’
- ‘Those vying for the titles huffed and puffed their way through a breath-taking range of competitions, including a 1000m cycle, 2000m run, 2000m row, 1000m cross-training, 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups and 100 squat thrusts.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the first test was not one of driving experience or skills, but how many squat thrusts and press-ups could be completed in five minutes.’
- ‘It feels like doing squat thrusts with a weight bar in the gym.’
- ‘On a training pitch beside a territorial army barracks, Bradford's small squad of players do squat thrusts under strong Yorkshire sunshine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.