One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The soup of the day is roasted squash, and we're happy they haven't killed the squashiness with too many carrots or spices, as many restos do.’
- ‘The squashiness of the butternut shone through beautifully, and the custard was firm but light.’
- ‘This cute pony is my favourite at the moment - made in soft suede effect fabric with felt mane and tail he is just the right size and squashiness for a small hand.’
- ‘Janet explained that the squashiness of a loaf of bread disappears without this key ingredient, and pastry crumbles more easily.’
- ‘Suspension-wise, it's tightened up just enough for confident back-road handling, while still retaining enough squashiness for good off-road articulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.