One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dark-colored bug with forewings marked by many veins.
Family Coreidae, suborder Heteroptera: many species, in particular the North American Anasa tristis, a serious pest of squashes and similar fruit
- ‘It can be used to control cabbageworm, leafhoppers, squash bugs, whitefly, but will also affect beneficial insects so be careful where and when you apply this product.’
- ‘A scanning electron micrograph of the surface of the pupa of the ordinary squash bug revealed a startling armature of glandular hairs that exude an oily chemical cocktail, seen forming droplets at the tips.’
- ‘Some of the most common garden pests that gardeners encounter include aphids, mealybugs, spider mites, white, flies, thrips, slugs and snails, scales, leaf rollers, squash bugs, pillbugs, and yes - sowbugs!’
- ‘The squash bug is shield shaped and if you have ever squashed one you probably remember the smell.’
- ‘I scattered leaf litter on the floor of the bucket and threw in another hornworm, then a squash bug, a bluebottle fly, a daddy longlegs, a wolf spider, and various unidentified larvae.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.