One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A periodic wave that varies abruptly in amplitude between two fixed values, spending equal times at each.
- ‘The amplitude of the square wave electric stimulus with duration of 40-80 ms was adjusted above the threshold for the AP eliciting.’
- ‘Another problem stems from the use of an inverter that supplies alternating current in square waves, rather than the rounded, sine waves produced by conventional generating equipment.’
- ‘The test profiles we selected to simulate this behavior consisted of square waves with 2-32 ppb peak magnitudes and periods ranging from 10 to 100 seconds.’
- ‘If the magnet is in the middle of the vibrating string, the waveform should be a symmetrical square wave.’
- ‘The electrical signal generator generates signals that are pulses that are adjustable in frequency, modulation, pulse width and amplitude with modified square waves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.