One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of double knot that is made symmetrically to hold securely and to be easy to untie.British term reef knot
- ‘The procedure doesn't distinguish, for example, between the granny knot and the square knot even though it is impossible to deform one into the other.’
- ‘Poe dropped down the rope and Dustin wrapped it tightly around the animal's eyes, securing it with a square knot.’
- ‘Instead, he figured that tiny square knots would do the trick.’
- ‘Now tie two square knots with the cording and cut the cord as close as you can without letting the knots come undone.’
- ‘He twisted the two sides and knotted them in a normal knot at the back, and twisted them back again upfront and locked them in square knot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.