One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of double knot that is made symmetrically to hold securely and to be easy to untie.British term reef knot
- ‘The procedure doesn't distinguish, for example, between the granny knot and the square knot even though it is impossible to deform one into the other.’
- ‘He twisted the two sides and knotted them in a normal knot at the back, and twisted them back again upfront and locked them in square knot.’
- ‘Poe dropped down the rope and Dustin wrapped it tightly around the animal's eyes, securing it with a square knot.’
- ‘Now tie two square knots with the cording and cut the cord as close as you can without letting the knots come undone.’
- ‘Instead, he figured that tiny square knots would do the trick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.