One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for bracket (sense 1 of the noun)
- ‘I have corrected a couple of typos and added a few comments of my own in square brackets and italics.’
- ‘As in many printed editions, editorial intervention is signalled by square brackets.’
- ‘I have added my own explanatory notes in the square brackets.’
- ‘An extra key brings up a list of characters that you won't find on the keyboard, such as the forward slash, square brackets and curly braces.’
- ‘This sentence was spoken in the interview, but without the words around which I've put square brackets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.