(of weather) characterized by squalls.‘squally showers’
stormy, gusty, gusting, blustery, blustering, windy, breezy, blowyView synonyms
- ‘Expect plenty of rain in the tropical Caribbean and Florida summer months, but it will often fall in heavy, squally afternoon showers which last only an hour or so.’
- ‘Forecasters predict the winds will ease later today and the heavy rains will turn into squally showers.’
- ‘Thunderstorms will be more frequent than in April accompanied by hail and violent squally winds.’
- ‘And we've had some wind gusts and squally weather here but nothing has been damaged.’
- ‘There will be squally showers with the risk of hail and thunder towards the North West.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.