A narrow band of high winds and storms associated with a cold front.
- ‘It's a squall line associated with the cold front that's working its way across the country right now.’
- ‘Seas are 10 to 15 feet above normal, with higher swells and the squall line is pretty intense.’
- ‘We had a squall line move through here about an hour ago.’
- ‘High winds and sheets of rain lashed the Keys all morning today, as squall lines from Hurricane Rita moved through.’
- ‘There have been many tornado warnings in inland areas as the squall lines have made their way inland.’