Software that enables a user to obtain covert information about another's computer activities by transmitting data covertly from their hard drive.
- ‘Criminals who infect computers with spyware can be jailed for up to five years under the bill.’
- ‘These plans included better protection against spyware and spam.’
- ‘Removing spyware and adware from infested machines or blocking infection in the first place has become a lucrative market.’
- ‘They just tell you that you have spyware on your computer, and leave it up to you to figure out how to remove it.’
- ‘The real problem with spyware is that it gets installed without the user realizing it.’