One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The head of an organization of spies.
- ‘He is the greatest of spy novelists, and his supreme creation has been the spymaster George Smiley, whose skills, passions and uncertainties are at the heart of his finest novels.’
- ‘He proposed that he should return to Norway with two transmitters, using the second one to send genuine information to the British without the knowledge of the German spymasters.’
- ‘British spymasters were completely in the dark about the activities of the hijackers until the FBI alerted them.’
- ‘She systematically passed detailed information about Britain's nuclear weapons programme to the KGB spymasters.’
- ‘Britain's Cold War spymasters secretly discussed plans to train flocks of homing pigeons to attack enemy targets with tiny but deadly biological weapons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.