One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The FBI has been investigating the incidents, but finding out who is behind the spying is difficult.’
- ‘I'm certain that much of the real spying is never caught because it is conducted by what seem to be ordinary citizens.’
- ‘She went behind enemy lines to treat civilians who were caught up in this madness, and also probably, some people say, did some spying while she was there.’
- ‘He reportedly received more than $600,000 in cash and diamonds in payment for his years of spying - virtually all of which he is believed to have given away.’
- ‘It led into a small room that had eyeholes and a small listening phone, perfect for spying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.