One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small handheld telescope.
- ‘Muttering under his breath, the soldier extended the spyglass, increasing the magnification of the instrument.’
- ‘He lowered his spyglass, examined it, rubbed the lenses at both ends, adjusted it and peered through it again.’
- ‘He took the spyglass and peered through it silently, focusing on the boy.’
- ‘After several minutes of searching, he reluctantly lowered the spyglass and turned to face his men.’
- ‘Pellew took out his small spyglass and trained it southwest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.