One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small handheld telescope.
- ‘Muttering under his breath, the soldier extended the spyglass, increasing the magnification of the instrument.’
- ‘Pellew took out his small spyglass and trained it southwest.’
- ‘He lowered his spyglass, examined it, rubbed the lenses at both ends, adjusted it and peered through it again.’
- ‘He took the spyglass and peered through it silently, focusing on the boy.’
- ‘After several minutes of searching, he reluctantly lowered the spyglass and turned to face his men.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.