One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hardened sugar syrup drawn out into long filaments and used to make cotton candy or as a decoration for sweet dishes.
- ‘Then came the sweet: an enormous confection covered with spun sugar.’
- ‘It always snowed the day before the Winter Solstice, wrapping the town in thick drifts that sparkled like spun sugar.’
- ‘In the kitchen he began to work wonders with spun sugar.’
- ‘Tara popped the last piece in her mouth, savoring the sweetness as the spun sugar melted on her tongue.’
- ‘Drizzle some sauce around the dish and garnish with spun sugar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.