One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of ice cream with different colors and flavors in layers, and often made with bits of fruit and nuts.
- ‘You'll find much more than just cannoli and spumoni coming out of Fabrizio Collica's pastry kitchen.’
- ‘Round out the menu with toasted garlic bread, plenty of Parmesan cheese and easygoing red wine, and a simple layered ice cream terrine with spumoni flavors, and you have a homey dinner that's perfect for a crisp fall evening.’
- ‘The company's signature dessert is spumoni, a premium gelato designed to be sliced, rather than scooped, so that every serving contains each flavor, along with the appropriate amount of fruit, nuts and whipped cream.’
- ‘At an Italian restaurant one night, he orders spumoni for dessert.’
- ‘I asked André where he wanted to go and Mildred responded that she would like to get some Italian spumoni.’
From Italian spumone, from spuma ‘foam’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.