One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of ice cream with different colors and flavors in layers, and often made with bits of fruit and nuts.
- ‘At an Italian restaurant one night, he orders spumoni for dessert.’
- ‘You'll find much more than just cannoli and spumoni coming out of Fabrizio Collica's pastry kitchen.’
- ‘The company's signature dessert is spumoni, a premium gelato designed to be sliced, rather than scooped, so that every serving contains each flavor, along with the appropriate amount of fruit, nuts and whipped cream.’
- ‘I asked André where he wanted to go and Mildred responded that she would like to get some Italian spumoni.’
- ‘Round out the menu with toasted garlic bread, plenty of Parmesan cheese and easygoing red wine, and a simple layered ice cream terrine with spumoni flavors, and you have a homey dinner that's perfect for a crisp fall evening.’
From Italian spumone, from spuma ‘foam’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.