One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is dressed sprucely, except for his rubber overshoes, evidences of the chill, watery Parisian spring.’
- ‘The boys were sprucely dressed in the customary costume of shirt, breeches, stockings and shiny black shoes.’
- ‘A small, sprucely dressed man sporting a trimmed billy-goat beard, he was an active and popular local politician.’
- ‘To our surprise, a sprucely groomed gentleman with spats and a waxed moustache came forward, aged apparently, about forty.’
- ‘At a glance one would have described them as middle-class and lower middle-class men with their wives and children sprucely dressed in their Sunday best.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.