Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The competitive athletic sport of running distances of 400 meters or less.
- ‘So new was she to top-flight sprinting that she had never before worn spikes.’
- ‘After lunch the athletes were divided into teams for mini competitions and took part in javelin, shot-put and sprinting.’
- ‘In every other country in the world, they can't do enough for their sprinting heroes.’
- ‘Jackson hit out at the standards of British sprinting earlier this week.’
- ‘As an underage athlete he was talented but had a very unusual sprinting style.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.