One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An athlete who races over short distances.‘an Olympic sprinter’
- ‘She was looking for a sprinter who could become a bobsleigh pusher, giving her team a competitive edge with explosive starts.’
- ‘To the inexperienced observer, sprinters are experts at wasting time.’
- ‘He has been ranked one of the top ten sprinters in the world for the past ten years.’
- ‘Now she is an athlete, a medal-winning sprinter whose earnings have helped her family build this house.’
- ‘A sprinter's season consists of perhaps 10 major races—less than 100 seconds of performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.