One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Characteristics such as mouthfeel, springiness, chewiness, compaction of the meat after chewing, and ease of swallowing all play a part in sensory texture profiles.’
- ‘Also, I enjoy the very act of painting: I enjoy the sensuality of applying paint and the springiness of a taut canvas.’
- ‘She pushed her fingers through her hair, felt the soft springiness where it grew from her scalp.’
- ‘Several minutes' kneading are required to ‘develop’ or draw out the strands of gluten; but excessive kneading must be avoided because it would overstretch and break the strands, so that the dough would lose its springiness.’
- ‘The angler has the technology of a carbon-fibre rod whose springiness absorbs some of the shocks of the plunging fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.