One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The preseason period, especially in February and March, when baseball players prepare for the upcoming season.
- ‘The first big day of the baseball season is upon us: the beginning of spring training.’
- ‘Lee is expected to miss about a month and will start the season in extended spring training.’
- ‘Most thought his season was over after he suffered a separated shoulder in spring training.’
- ‘The team insists he will be ready for spring training, but he battled back problems all season.’
- ‘After thirty grueling days of spring training the players are glad to get the season started.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.