An Asian snack consisting of rice paper filled with minced vegetables and usually meat, rolled into a cylinder and fried.
- ‘Tash picked out a spring roll and dunked it into the sweet chilli sauce David had prepared.’
- ‘We ordered shrimp dumplings, spring rolls, pork buns, won tons and noodles for our boys.’
- ‘The spring roll was crispy yet standard, but the accompanying plum sauce tasted like real plums, even retaining their deep purple colour.’
- ‘The five large oysters were each wrapped and deep fried in a miniature spring roll and possessed the gloriously fresh sea-salt tang of the ocean.’
- ‘It is a hot, sweet and sour delight that you can make time and again for use with fish and chicken dishes, or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, poppadoms and savouries.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.