One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Asian snack consisting of rice paper filled with minced vegetables and usually meat, rolled into a cylinder and fried.
- ‘We ordered shrimp dumplings, spring rolls, pork buns, won tons and noodles for our boys.’
- ‘Tash picked out a spring roll and dunked it into the sweet chilli sauce David had prepared.’
- ‘It is a hot, sweet and sour delight that you can make time and again for use with fish and chicken dishes, or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, poppadoms and savouries.’
- ‘The five large oysters were each wrapped and deep fried in a miniature spring roll and possessed the gloriously fresh sea-salt tang of the ocean.’
- ‘The spring roll was crispy yet standard, but the accompanying plum sauce tasted like real plums, even retaining their deep purple colour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.