- British term for green onion
- ‘Chop the spring onion, removing the darkest green leaves as you go.’
- ‘From a nutritional perspective, the duck, cucumber, spring onion and pancakes make a reasonably well-balanced meal.’
- ‘This dish is simplicity itself, served cold with just some spring onion, wasabi and ginger.’
- ‘Heat the wok, add a teaspoon of oil, add the chicken, shiitake mushroom, chives and spring onion, and lightly stir-fry for a minute.’
- ‘Top and tail the green beans, peel the baby onions or cut the spring onion into 2.5cm pieces.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.