One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- British term for green onion
- ‘From a nutritional perspective, the duck, cucumber, spring onion and pancakes make a reasonably well-balanced meal.’
- ‘Heat the wok, add a teaspoon of oil, add the chicken, shiitake mushroom, chives and spring onion, and lightly stir-fry for a minute.’
- ‘This dish is simplicity itself, served cold with just some spring onion, wasabi and ginger.’
- ‘Chop the spring onion, removing the darkest green leaves as you go.’
- ‘Top and tail the green beans, peel the baby onions or cut the spring onion into 2.5cm pieces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.