Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for vernal equinox
- ‘The date of the spring equinox determines the date of Easter.’
- ‘In ancient times the spring equinox marked the start of the New Year and festivities were held to honour the birth of new life and the new beginnings that lay in store.’
- ‘The spring equinox is fast approaching, and soon we can all throw open our windows and let the March breezes blow winter away.’
- ‘The autumnal equinox occurs in March in the Southern Hemisphere, and the spring equinox occurs in September.’
- ‘Christians began to use a complicated formula that places Easter on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.