Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for vernal equinox
- ‘The date of the spring equinox determines the date of Easter.’
- ‘The autumnal equinox occurs in March in the Southern Hemisphere, and the spring equinox occurs in September.’
- ‘In ancient times the spring equinox marked the start of the New Year and festivities were held to honour the birth of new life and the new beginnings that lay in store.’
- ‘Christians began to use a complicated formula that places Easter on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.’
- ‘The spring equinox is fast approaching, and soon we can all throw open our windows and let the March breezes blow winter away.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.