One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A week's vacation for students in the spring, typically at Easter.
- ‘Since spring break had just started we didn't have any homework, which was very good.’
- ‘During spring break of his sophomore year at Stanford, he and some friends had gone up to Aspen Colorado on a ski trip.’
- ‘Here in Florida, college students have arrived for spring break.’
- ‘I spent all of my spring break sitting around his house, watching television and joking around with him.’
- ‘Book just after Easter and spring break to avoid crowds and the high prices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.