One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A week's vacation for students in the spring, typically at Easter.
- ‘Book just after Easter and spring break to avoid crowds and the high prices.’
- ‘Here in Florida, college students have arrived for spring break.’
- ‘I spent all of my spring break sitting around his house, watching television and joking around with him.’
- ‘During spring break of his sophomore year at Stanford, he and some friends had gone up to Aspen Colorado on a ski trip.’
- ‘Since spring break had just started we didn't have any homework, which was very good.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.