One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She was an engaging little creature, full of sprightliness and life.’
- ‘‘But I'm 18, that's how old I feel,’ he says - and there is, to be sure, a sprightliness about him still.’
- ‘If I was known for my sprightliness on the field, it was because I gave everything to be fit and healthy.’
- ‘‘Come on, let's get back to the inn,’ Chenok stood up with a sprightliness that you wouldn't find in a dying man.’
- ‘Yet it was their sprightliness in attack, their urgency in scampering forward, that characterised the early exchanges at Rugby Park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.