One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In my mind's eye, it's this dark green, spriggy looking thing.’
- ‘Go for anything from delicate spriggy florals to big, bold retro prints.’
- ‘There were sheer blousy dresses printed in watercolour soft roses, giant floppy corsages on silk dresses, floral printed silk damask statement coats and spriggy prints on voluminous ball skirts.’
- ‘Applied to almost anything spriggy and floral, it supposedly encapsulated everything that is fussy and backward-looking about British style.’
- ‘And when it is cooked, the oil will form small spriggy islands with streams of wine and tomato.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.