One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And when it is cooked, the oil will form small spriggy islands with streams of wine and tomato.’
- ‘There were sheer blousy dresses printed in watercolour soft roses, giant floppy corsages on silk dresses, floral printed silk damask statement coats and spriggy prints on voluminous ball skirts.’
- ‘Go for anything from delicate spriggy florals to big, bold retro prints.’
- ‘In my mind's eye, it's this dark green, spriggy looking thing.’
- ‘Applied to almost anything spriggy and floral, it supposedly encapsulated everything that is fussy and backward-looking about British style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.