One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Studied carelessness, especially as a characteristic quality or style of art or literature.‘Rubens' famous sprezzatura’‘it takes enviable sprezzatura and self-confidence to perform as a teacher of literature’
- ‘Instead there is a peculiarly Irish sprezzatura.’
- ‘If such reading is sometimes put to the service of sprezzatura, let us hope that room remains for it in the enterprise of literary studies.’
- ‘In other words, either artist could have - and, indeed, must have - painted these passages of sprezzatura for the altarpiece to be legible from a distance.’
- ‘Maybe it's all just sprezzatura, but I doubt it.’
- ‘Lex had once told him about the ideal of sprezzatura, the art of seeming artless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.