Studied carelessness, especially as a characteristic quality or style of art or literature.
- ‘In other words, either artist could have - and, indeed, must have - painted these passages of sprezzatura for the altarpiece to be legible from a distance.’
- ‘Maybe it's all just sprezzatura, but I doubt it.’
- ‘Instead there is a peculiarly Irish sprezzatura.’
- ‘Lex had once told him about the ideal of sprezzatura, the art of seeming artless.’
- ‘If such reading is sometimes put to the service of sprezzatura, let us hope that room remains for it in the enterprise of literary studies.’