Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A flexible cover that is fitted to the opening in the top of a kayak to form a waterproof seal around the kayaker's body.
- ‘Our range of spraydecks are designed to suit a variety of recreational and racing craft with uses from touring on calm waters, to white water paddling and all areas in between.’
- ‘Our spraydecks are made of durable, high quality material.’
- ‘The club has been able to buy a set of boats, paddles, buoyancy aids, spraydecks and helmets.’
- ‘The spraydeck is attached to the cockpit rim by either a rubber rand or with elasticated shock cord.’
- ‘In this case the type of spraydeck may make little difference.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.