One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spokesperson.‘the Homeland Security spox has assured us that there would be “robust and thorough security threat assessments” in place’
spokesperson, representative, agent, mouthpiece, voice, frontman, spokeswomanView synonyms
- ‘The coroner's office spox said a toxicology report was still pending.’
- ‘My time as an education research spox is at an end.’
- ‘Their spox tells us the attack today was meant as a message to the West.’
- ‘I support the party's one day becoming the chief spox for conservatism.’
- ‘Their spox didn't answer repeated emails and phone calls, and they appear not to care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.